Welcome!

On this blog you will find... vegan recipes, products, and general info regarding vegan life. You will also find some art with the stories behind it, news of my shop on Etsy and someday hopefully some music.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

More photos...

Cool tree, my cat Rosella who always looks like she is scared or trying to scare you...and Grey Beauty plus, some of the story about how they came into our lives...
Rosella came from the humane society. I bought her as a present for my daughter for Christmas. I picked her up to pet her at the humane society. She was friendly and purry. She was also the largest one as far as kittens go. We had 2 large dogs so, I wanted one that could defend themselves. Rosie, couldn't come home right away because, she had not been spayed. One of the people who worked there pointed out another kitten. He was a tiny grey puffball that curled up into my neck and put a lump on my throat immediately. I talked about the dogs but, they said he was feisty. I decided to get them both. The humane society is depressing I didn't want to leave anyone there. Plus, Grey Beauty as my daughter later named him could come home right away.
Well Dahlia and Grey Beaty became the best of friends. He was feisty and friendly. He enjoyed riding on peoples shoulders even when he weighed 19 pounds. Sometimes just leaping onto your back from the floor which could really hurt. Dahlia at that time used to call petting him vibrating him. He became a kind of a surrogate mother to another kitten we got later. Eventually to a bunch of kittens earning the name Uncle Beauty.He also defended his territory and friends faithfully even though he was pretty regularly getting his behind kicked by our neighbor's really tough black and white cat and also had allergies.
Poor Rosella, I don't know what happened. After she was spayed we brought her home. First she lived under my bed. Then upstairs with my room mate for a bit. One day she got out side. At first I thought she was agoraphobic. After she moved out side, she became a normal cat. You could even pet her. She just didn't come inside. After a while we moved. We had to start again. She lived in the basement and you could only pet her if she sat on a specific pillow. Moved again twice...now, Rosella is almost a normal cat. Inside, out side, all over the house, follows me around and loves to keep me company when I play the piano. She sits on my lap when I write and behind me when I play or practice.
Rest in peace Grey Beauty...

3 comments:

  1. Grey Beauty was the best ! I love that picture of him

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I want to take everybody home from the shelter. If only we could. Aww I love this story. I have a greay silver tabby who doesn't know how big he is. and a tuxedo girl like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it is hard to go there sometimes. I like to go and pet them, when you can't take them home it can be kind of painful.It is probably still a good idea for them to have friends though, even when you can't take them home.

    ReplyDelete