|Pineapple upside down pancakes|
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
1 cup water, almond milk, or so delicious co-co nut milk beverage
1 TBSP canola oil
* The pancake batter portion of this recipe is from How it all Vegan, written by Sarah Kramer and Tanya Barnard.*
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees*
1. Make the pancake batter by stirring together all the dry ingredients, then make a well, add the liquids and stir but not too much.
2. Coat 4 ramekins with margarine and leave a few pieces in the bottom.
3. Cover the bottom with brown sugar about a TBSP.
4. Put a few pieces of the fruit of your choice in the bottom on the brown sugar.
5. Divide pancake batter between the 4 ramekins covering the fruit and sugar.
6. Set ramekins on a tray and bake in 350 degree oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
7. Turn them out on to a plate with the pineapple side up. While still hot. You can do this by setting a plate on the top and the bottom and flipping the whole contraption over one at a time. I just use a towel to hold it and turn it over but a plate might be easier.
*You may have to go around the side with a knife a little when turning them out.