Welcome!

On this blog you will find... vegan recipes, products, and general info regarding vegan life. You will also find some art with the stories behind it, news of my shop on Etsy and someday hopefully some music.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day to night...short animation...

I spent the afternoon working on some short animations I have had in my head for a while. When I figure out how I am going to put some music with these. I have a lot of video ideas... :) ... I think I might try to make one with a story. I have been working on some animations with music ideas in my head for quite a while these are my first attempts. Just took me about 2 hours to figure out how to get this video from my phone to my blog! Let me tell you modern technology and I do not always get a long...Unfortunately, the first one which I also think is the best one has my thumb in it!!!
I really used to like music videos. The first ones I saw were not great and, I didn't really have cable very often when I was young so, I didn't see that many. I also like classical music. And, have a theory that some classical music could really go with some great videos. I would like to combine the 2 the music I write is sort of a blues classical fusion. People who like blues say to me..."you are so good at classical music or, that is classical blues"  People who like classical say I am better at the blues. I have to say I think that my playing leans more to the classical. Also, I am a lot better at improvising or writing my own music then playing other peoples.
There are a lot of great animations and such on you tube. Also I recently discovered a guy called William Kentridge. You can see him on pbs a show called Art21. Anything is possible.
 I started thinking I wanted to make animations with music when I was in high school. I had a video camera with stop motion feature. My brother was playing with it while I was playing piano. The result was a strange and kind of funny video involving rocks with Mozart all mixed up in pieces in the back ground as a sound track. I was like we should make a whole bunch of those. I could write some music like that or some kind of music. Any way, I don't know what happened, got side tracked I guess...right now, I have a lot of time on my hands...so, this idea has sort of renewed itself. I guess a lot of people make these now...

5 comments:

  1. A-ha, you have other ones! Also very cool, particularly showing your painting process. With an iPhone huh? I don't have an iPhone but my boyfriend might be getting one soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, my i-phone is really useful. Sometimes, I doubt it's existence. I get torn when I talk about it because I don't want to be an add but, I do like my i-phone. There are so many things it can do! Back to the drawing board, actually I think I might take a break and watch a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is so fun to watch! great "progress " pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both fantastic. Great work. Very inspiring.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete