Welcome!

On this blog you will find... vegan recipes, products, and general info regarding vegan life. You will also find some art with the stories behind it, news of my shop on Etsy and someday hopefully some music.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Persephone, Demeter and outer space

     Hello again!  No recipes right now but I found some art work I like that I wanted to show people.  So here it is...This first one is kind of an abstract picture of the cosmos that unfortunately got wet.  I was kind of depressed about it but after staring at it a bit decided that the water made it look more like outer space then it had before and, I decided to finish it anyway.  I think it came out kind of interesting so, I thought I might show it to people.     This second one is called Persephone after the Greek Goddess who is Queen of the under world and whose return to earth for 6 months every year according to Greek mythology  brought about spring and summer.
This last one is Demeter the Greek Goddess of corn who is Persephone's mother.  I did not set out to draw Persephone or Demeter specifically when I drew these however, I read the story roughly at the same time and realized that they fit so that is what I decided to call them.

No comments:

Post a Comment