Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Vegan waffle pizza
1 TBSP baking powder
1 TBSP egg replacer
2 TBSP sugar
1 tsp salt
2 cups water
6 TBSP oil
1. Combine dry ingredients.
2. Make a well and add water and oil.
3. Whisk together, then let it sit for 5 minutes.
4. Cook in waffle iron on low setting.
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
2-3 cloves garlic
basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
1 TBSP olive oil
1. Saute garlic in olive oil.
2. Add tomatoes and tomato paste
3. Add other seasonings and simmer about 20 minutes, I like everything spicy so I add red pepper flakes to my sauce.
The ricotta is the same ricotta as was in the megarolis recipe previously.
To assemble coat waffle with sauce and the toppings of your choice and bake at 400 for about 6-7 minutes. Okay, not the classiest of meals but it's good really! When making pizza on pizza crust instead of waffles I use the pizza crust in Vegan with a Vengeance.