Welcome!

On this blog you will find... vegan recipes, products, and general info regarding vegan life. You will also find some art with the stories behind it, news of my shop on Etsy and someday hopefully some music.

Friday, June 3, 2011

The Visitor, acrylic painting and accompanying very short story

This is an acrylic painting that is going to be for sale in my etsy shop. Sometimes when I draw, paint, write music, clean house or do other things like take a walk I write a story in my head.  I am not a great writer so, I don't usually write them down except as an out line sometimes to remind me of how I want a song or painting  to go.  However I decided to share some of the stories that go with my work here because I thought if some one likes a painting they might also like the story that goes with it.  The story that goes with this painting is really more of an introduction and most of it is still left up to your imagination.  It is told from the perspective of a very old man taking a lonely walk on the beach late at night.
                                                          *     *     *     *     *
     She was only there for a second and then she was gone.  She turned to look at me.  In her eyes I could see eternity, deep, calm, ageless and out side of time.  The waves broke against the rocks and water full of moon light decorated the air like strings of glass beads.  The life within her was also all about her.  Even the ends of her hair and her clothing seemed to be alive.
     Maybe the air is always alive but where she stood both a part of and a presence in her surroundings you could see that the air was alive.
     She was pale, translucent almost.  Like a pearl her face was smooth and slightly iradescent.
     She was only there for a second.  She turned to look at me.  "He's gone!"  she said.  Then she looked at the stars and and disappeared.  The surf still crashed and danced throwing glass beads into the air.  Waving goodbye?
     She was gone but her presence had changed things.  I could feel everything humming with life, the earth, the air even the stones.  Maybe the stars?  I could feel the world singing.  I stood staring into the deep blue of eternity feeling as well as hearing the song of the earth in the crashing of the waves and the roaring of the wind around me and I thought " I don't think any one is going to believe this..."
Coming soon... More food.  Unfortunately our camera is malfunctioning and recipes are not as much fun without pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment