Welcome!

On this blog you will find... vegan recipes, products, and general info regarding vegan life. You will also find some art with the stories behind it, news of my shop on Etsy and someday hopefully some music.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Vegan tomato, hazelnut cream too cold to go to the store pasta

I was watching Iron Chef and got a really good soup idea. One of the chefs had a tomato almond gazpacho. I don't know what he put in his aside from almond and tomato but,while I was watching I got an idea for a soup that I think will be really good. It was basically just going to be sort of a creamy tomato soup that would be hot with a little bit of a salad for garnish. I haven't been able to try it yet because I forgot some ingredients when I went to the store. However, some of the ingredients produced what I had for dinner tonight which is more pasta. (sorry) I promise some things that are not pasta are coming soon...In fact I have a vegan enchilada pie almost ready...This pasta once again is a really easy one but pretty good.

1/3 cup almond milk
1 cup water
1 cup finely chopped hazel nuts
1 fresh tomato
3 cloves fresh garlic minced
2 TBSP flour
1 TBSP basil
salt and pepper to taste
about 2 servings worth of pasta

How I prepared this was not very chefly. I just boiled and drained the pasta. While the pasta was cooking I prepared all the other ingredients. Minced the garlic really tiny so that it would cook fast. Then drained the pasta, through all the other ingredients in stirring and heating until it is thick. If I were to do it again I would probably heat the garlic in olive oil, add the flour, then add almond milk about 1 cup, no water, fresh tomato, salt and pepper, and fresh basil, and hazel nuts and then pour it over the pasta. I was kind of grouchy today and had no olive oil white wine or almond milk. Sorry, this picture is not great and this is turning into a vegan pasta blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment