Welcome!

On this blog you will find... vegan recipes, products, and general info regarding vegan life. You will also find some art with the stories behind it, news of my shop on Etsy and someday hopefully some music.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

20 minute challenge

Leaves

Moonlight
My tea...
Wind
 These are cards that are available in my shop on etsy that are part of a series I am doing. The idea is the drawing portion of each one has to be completed in 20 minutes. The idea for this came about because, I make cards for friends and family and they really like them. I like the idea of an original piece of art that also contains a message. I tried to make some cards to sell as originals in my shop and they came out pretty good, but, I took too long making them to be able to sell them at a reasonable price. I mean I did sell them at a reasonable price but probably too low for the amount of time I spent on them. But, I still liked the idea of a unique hand made card so, I decided okay, I am going to set a timer and see how much I can draw in 20 minutes. I was actually very surprised to see how much I could draw and also how with the time limit I tend to produce a more fluid line. I think because, I don't worry as much. I hope you like them as much as I like making them!


No comments:

Post a Comment