Welcome!

On this blog you will find... vegan recipes, products, and general info regarding vegan life. You will also find some art with the stories behind it, news of my shop on Etsy and someday hopefully some music.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate cupcakes, these are really yummy!

This recipe is based on the basic chocolate cupcake recipe in Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.  I posted this photograph before when I posted the candied hot peppers recipe that they are garnished with.  At that time I made them without writing anything down and couldn't remember what I had done.  Well, my mom requested some for a potluck at her work so I made them again.  They came out great (someone at the potluck even asked if I could make some for her wedding rehearsal dinner,yay!)and this time I wrote it down.  The recipe is as follows...

Cupcakes

1 cup almond milk
1 tsp vinegar white or cider
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup co-co powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 chili powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne

1. Preheat oven to350 degrees
2. Put paper cupcake cups in pan.
3. Whisk together all liquid ingredients.
4. Sift together the dry ingredients and add to liquid.
5. Whisk until most of the lumps are gone.
6. Divide between about a dozen and a half cupcakes.
7. Allow to cool before applying the ganache.

Ganache

1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup almond milk

1. Add chocolate and almond milk to double boiler, melt whisking occasionally until smooth and shiny.
2. Put on cupcakes immediately.

The candied hot peppers are in a previous post Called Yaki-tofu-don

*I like to use almond milk because, I like the taste and also feel that it sells better to non- vegans. Almond milk sounds kind of classy instead of sounding like a substitute for something else.  You could easily use soy milk or rice milk in this recipe instead.  Almond milk is just my personal preference.
*Also you should put the candied hot peppers on right away if you use them.

See you later!  I am off to make some more art, may be back later.  Also sorry about this I did mention on twitter that I was going to post a recipe for lentil sloppy joe's which is really good but, unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures so that will be coming later.  I'm going to make them again probably next week.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! these cupcakes are fabulous. The flavors are subtle and delightful; I was skeptical but was won over on the first bite.

    ReplyDelete