Saturday, July 2, 2011
Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate cupcakes, these are really yummy!
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp vinegar white or cider
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup co-co powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 chili powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne
1. Preheat oven to350 degrees
2. Put paper cupcake cups in pan.
3. Whisk together all liquid ingredients.
4. Sift together the dry ingredients and add to liquid.
5. Whisk until most of the lumps are gone.
6. Divide between about a dozen and a half cupcakes.
7. Allow to cool before applying the ganache.
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup almond milk
1. Add chocolate and almond milk to double boiler, melt whisking occasionally until smooth and shiny.
2. Put on cupcakes immediately.
The candied hot peppers are in a previous post Called Yaki-tofu-don
*I like to use almond milk because, I like the taste and also feel that it sells better to non- vegans. Almond milk sounds kind of classy instead of sounding like a substitute for something else. You could easily use soy milk or rice milk in this recipe instead. Almond milk is just my personal preference.
*Also you should put the candied hot peppers on right away if you use them.
See you later! I am off to make some more art, may be back later. Also sorry about this I did mention on twitter that I was going to post a recipe for lentil sloppy joe's which is really good but, unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures so that will be coming later. I'm going to make them again probably next week.