Welcome!

On this blog you will find... vegan recipes, products, and general info regarding vegan life. You will also find some art with the stories behind it, news of my shop on Etsy and someday hopefully some music.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Between, Collage with card stock and sharpie marker, contest entry

 Every once in a while I feel like I am a spirit which strangely puts me in a good mood. For instance, I was walking home once in the summer and the air seemed to be the same temperature as I was and it was very windy. It really felt like I was either part of the wind or the wind was blowing right through me. I think a bit about spirits and a lot of my drawings look kind of like spirits who are here but not here.
This one is called Between because the woman is a spirit who is existing between places. In my imagination she is a very old soul whose natural state is as a spirit most of the time. She was separated form her friend and so, returned to a favorite and familiar place to wait for them where she has been waiting for a long time.
This drawing is for sale in my shop on etsy and is also an entry for a doodling contest that sharpie is having. Here is the address to the contest if you want to take a look... http://showcase.sharpieuncapped.com/pages/showimage/808949 See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment